Please contact us by telephone on 01302 785549 if you would like us to post out ongoing medication to your home address.
Routine medications such as flea / worm / tick control can be sent out as long as we have a fairly recent weight for your pet on file.
Medication for ongoing health issues can also be posted to you – if your pet is due for a check up then depending on the condition we may be able to prescribe extra medication to ensure you do not run out if you are physically unable to attend the practice due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please check here for updates on our services in general during this time.
Medication will be posted 1st class signed for via the Royal Mail unless we have discussed otherwise – please bear in mind that postage is taking longer than normal at present and let us know if you require something urgently so that we can arrange a next day delivery where possible.
We are currently able to offer most services but please be aware that there may be a longer wait time than normal for non emergency appointments. To discuss an appointment please call us on 01302 785549.
At present we require all our clients to adhere to social distancing guidelines put forward by the government and our governing bodies. Please observe the following when you come for your appointment:
• Be prepared to wait outside or in your car until we are ready for you – please either ring the doorbell or ideally phone us to let us know you are waiting.
• Attend the practice as a single individual if at all possible.
• Wear a face covering to cover your mouth and nostrils, a cloth covering will suffice, it does not need to be a filtered mask if you not have access to one.
• Do your best to remain 2 metres away from staff member or any other clients waiting outside. Please be aware that we will need to ask you to wait outside the consulting room whilst we examine your pet – you will be able to see and converse with the vet but will need to remain at a safe distance.
• If you are self isolating due to symptoms of coronavirus please arrange for a friend or relative who is not self isolating to bring your pet to the practice.
• Pay by card if at all possible.
• For collections of medication, parasite treatments, food etc. please come between 1pm and 3pm on a weekday so that we are able to assist you quickly without crossover between clients waiting for appointments (home delivery of medication is available where appropriate.)
There is currently no evidence that pets can transmit this strain of coronovirus to humans – please see the WHO’s current advice for further information or updates on this. It is however theoretically possible that an infected person could transfer the virus onto a pets fur as with any other object so we would encourage you to try avoiding petting animals you don’t know and to wash your hands well before and after handling any pets.
Return to homepage.